Have you had the same hair cut since you were a teenager? Do you do your hair and make up the same for all occasions; lounging, working out, going to work and even on nights out? Everyone gets stuck in a style rut every now and then, when life gets too busy, or when money is tight. And that’s acceptable, but if you’ve been stuck in yours for too long, I’m throwing you the rope to pull yourself out.
- Start small. A lot of women get stuck in style rut because they’re afraid to try something new. We don’t all have the confidence and creativity of Lady Gaga so start with a small change and work your way up. A simple alteration like the colour of your eye shadow or how you wear your hair will build up your confidence to transform your style because once you see how great the first change looks, you’ll be dying to try the next one! Dare to be brave on a night our with the girls on a hen do or even a date night with your boyfriend and watch your confidence grow.
- Think positively. Next time you compliment something on somebody else and tell yourself it wouldn’t look good on you, take a minute to tell yourself “it might look great on me”. Yes, it will look different on you, but it’ll look different in a fabulous way! That lipstick that Emma always looks great in – give it a go! And how Marilyn wore her hair last week – that would look great on your darker hair!
- Use what you’ve got. If money is stopping you breaking out of your style prison, use the things you’ve already got. Vow to yourself not to wear that black skirt with that pink blouse again. Mix things up a bit and it’ll be like you’ve had a complete make over. Take some time to go through your wardrobe and try out new combinations that you had never thought of before. Some outfits you try will look ridiculous, but nobody is going to condemn your fashion sense if it’s just you and the mirror in the room. You’ve got nothing to lose but everything to gain when you create winning new looks without spending a penny!
- Search the internet. The internet is your best friend when you’re looking for a new style. Search images of your style icons and find high street pieces to match their celebrity outfits. There’s a reason celebs get papped, it’s so those of us who don’t have personal shoppers can do a little bit of copying, take some inspiration and look gorgeous too!
- Ask for advice. Girl friends are there when you’ve had your heart broken. They’re there when you need a coffee and a rant about work. And they’re also there when you need some style advice! You only have to ask. Your friends will have seen you look amazing and will have seen you look not-so-amazing so they know what works best for you. Get together for a shopping spree, or plan a night out and get ready together and trust your friend to do your makeup. You’ve found yourself a new style when you look back at the pictures and realise how great you look!
Fashionistas searched for:
closet ideas for women, anne hathaway devil wears prada, christina aguilera wardrobe, anne hathaway underwear, the devil wears prada anne hathaway, anne hathaway photoshoot, anne hathaway oscars, brown haute couture images, anne hathaway the devil wears prada before transformation, anne hathaway devil